Importance of the IT Certification in the Job Market- Why IT Certifications Are Popular!
Have you ever thought about why everyone is obtaining IT certifications? This is because digitization in the IT realm needs skilled professionals that can pace with advanced and cutting-edge skills and bridge the gap in this industry. We can’t overlook the importance of getting certified in Information Technology, as IT is the now and future of the world. Several reasons will force you to get certified. What makes IT certifications popular is written below:
Endorsement of Cutting-edge Skills: IT certifications confirm an individual’s skills and expertise in a specific field of information technology. Employers frequently want certified professionals since they are more confident in their abilities and are aware that they possess the requisite skills to accomplish a job.
Competitive Advantage: IT certifications can provide an individual with a competitive advantage over others in the employment market. Certifications show potential employers that an individual is dedicated to their job and has the essential knowledge and abilities to succeed.
Professional Development: IT certifications provide professional development and advancement. Certifications enable people to stay current on the latest technological trends and achievements in their area.
High Salary Potential: IT certifications can increase compensation and improve work chances. Employers frequently offer a high salary to certified professionals because they have confidence in their abilities and skills.
Better Job Opportunities: Further advantages can be added, such as the fact that certified individuals can obtain jobs faster than non-certified individuals. According to recent reports, corporations are investing more money in technology, and some of the world’s biggest companies (biggest fish of the market), such as Amazon, Twitter, JPMorgan Chase, and Capital One, are aggressively pursuing IT professionals with certain skills and knowledge.
Most Popular IT Certifications for 2023 – Streamline your Career with these Certifications
We have listed the top most popular IT certifications in 2023 that will help you to streamline and boost your career. Here is the list of popular certifications you can pursue in 2023.
- AWS Solution Architect Professional
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- PMP: Project Management Professional from Project Management Institute
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect
- Salesforce Administrator
- ITIL 4 Foundation Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Nutanix Certified Professional – Multicloud Infrastructure (NCP-MCI)
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty
- Google Cloud – Cloud Digital Leader
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
Let’s look out at each certification one by one and explore the benefits, job opportunities, and salary it offers.
1. AWS Solution Architect Professional
Getting the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional certification demonstrates your ability to develop, implement, and evaluate AWS applications while meeting various complex requirements. The SAP-C02 exam consists of 75 multiple-choice or multiple-response questions. The SAP-C02 exam costs $300.
- Get a good understanding of cloud technology.
- Show your dedication to your chosen job path.
- Increase your employability and earnings.
- Increase the size of your professional network.
- Acquire talents that will help your employer.
2. Google Professional Cloud Architect Certification
Candidates with the Professional Cloud Architect certification can use Google Cloud technology in their companies. This certification will help you design, create, and manage resilient, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic solutions to drive business objectives by providing a full grasp of cloud architecture and Google Cloud. The exam consists of 50-60 multiple-choice and multiple-select questions and 120 minutes to complete it. The cost of this exam is $200.
- Get to know how to design, build, and manage dynamic cloud-based solutions that are resilient, secure, scalable, highly available, and adaptable to the demands of any firm
- Get better career opportunities
- Acquire sustainable and market-competitive skills
3. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
The CISSP demonstrates your ability to develop, implement and manage a world-class security program. The CISSP is designed for experienced security practitioners, managers, and executives who want to demonstrate their understanding of a wide range of security techniques and principles. The CISSP CAT exam consists of 125-175 MCQs or advanced innovative questions; will have 4 hours to finish it. The CISSP linear test has 250 items and a time limit of 6 hours to finish it. The cost of the exam is $749 which can vary according to your location and country.
- Highly valuable and recognized worldwide
- Proves practical knowledge of information security
- Provides a professional distinction, as well as increased credibility and marketability.
- Enhanced productivity and competitive advantage in the job market
4. Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
ISACA’s Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) credential denotes expertise in information security governance programs development and management, incident management, and risk management. This qualification is best suited for technical and managerial roles. The CISM exam consists of 150 questions and the time limit to complete this exam is 4 hours. The exam cost is $575 for ISACA members and $760 for non-members.
The benefits of getting CISM are several. Some of them are listed below:
- Versatility in job skills in all security domains
- Recognition of skills in the organization
- Promotion to managerial positions
- Salary potential increases to the next level because the CISM certification is one of the best earning and effective IT credentials.
5. Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
A CRISC – Certification in Risk and Information Systems Control will qualify you as a Risk Management specialist. You will discover how to improve your company’s business resilience, deliver stakeholder value, and optimize risk management across the enterprise by studying a proactive strategy based on Agile methodology. The CRISC exam consists of 150 questions and the time limit to complete this exam is 4 hours. The exam cost is $575 for ISACA members and $760 for non-members.
- Boost vital skillset in risk management
- 4th highest paying IT certification
- The only certification that works in IT enterprise risk management
- Open doors to various career opportunities
6. PMP: Project Management Professional
PMP, or Project Management Professional, is a manager’s project management certification. It exhibits project management and leadership skills in any manner of operation. PMP certifications demonstrate that you can effectively lead a project with the project team; you can identify and implement agile methodologies that are best suited to the project and build a strategic business environment while highlighting the project’s success. The PMP exam included 180 questions out of which 5 questions are pretest/unscored. To complete the exam, you have 230 minutes. The PMP exam cost is $284 for members and $389 for non-members.
- Efficient and advanced learning skills
- Increase organizational and professional productivity
- Implementation of hybrid, agile methodologies for increased business efficiencies and success.
- Validation of personal and professional advancement
7. Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Associate
The AWS-certified solution architect will demonstrate your abilities and knowledge in AWS technology, with a focus on designing cost-effective, high-performance solutions while exhibiting a complete understanding of the AWS framework. The SAA-C03 exam consists of 65 multiple-choice or multiple-response questions and the exam duration is 130 minutes. The cost of this exam is $165.
- Build a solid understanding of implementing cloud initiatives
- Most taken and highest-paid certification globally
- Develop skills that benefit organizations and employers
- Improved job prospects
8. Salesforce Administrator Certification
The Salesforce Administrator certificate is intended for professionals who have prior Salesforce expertise and are constantly looking for ways to help their companies benefit even more from additional features and capabilities. The Salesforce administration certification exam consists of 60 multiple-choice and multiple-select questions and the time to complete this exam is 105 minutes. The exam cost is $200.
- Validate complete knowledge of the Salesforce platform
- Endorsement of skills and practical experience
- Attract recruiters and increase the chance of promotion
9. ITIL 4 Foundation Certification
The ITIL 4 Foundation certification validates applicants’ expertise in advanced IT-enabled service management. It will also validate their understanding of ITIL essential ideas and common terminology, as well as illustrate how they can use ITIL 4 recommendations to improve their personal and their organization’s work. It is a 40-multiple-choice and the time limit for this exam is 1 hour. The exam cost for India is $295, for Asia & Europe is $395 and for the US is $495.
- Improve your understanding of IT costs and assets.
- Improve your ability to manage business risks such as service disruption or failure.
- Reduce unnecessary work and maximize resource use.
10. Cisco Certified Networking Associate- CCNA
- Help you launch your IT career
- Build a strong command of skills such as programmability, automation, security
- Boost your confidence by giving real-world experience
11. Nutanix Certified Professional - Multicloud Infrastructure (NCP-MCI)
The Nutanix Certified Professional – Multicloud Infrastructure (NCP-MCI) certification verifies your knowledge and capabilities in implementing, managing, and troubleshooting Nutanix AOS in the Enterprise Cloud. The exam consists of 75 multiple-choice questions and 120 minutes to complete it.
- Certifies your knowledge and skills in deploying, managing, and troubleshooting Nutanix AOS in the Enterprise Cloud.
- Ranked at number 8 of the top highest-paying certifications
12. AWS Certified Security- Specialist
This certificate assists organizations in identifying and developing personnel with essential skills for cloud activities. Getting AWS Certified Security – Specialist verifies knowledge of data and workload security on the AWS Cloud. The certification exam consists of 65 questions that can be multiple-choice or multiple-select. The exam should be completed in 170 minutes. The cost of the exam is $300.
- Make you competent in AWS security
- Validate your skills in securing applications and AWS security services
- help you fill in the specialized job roles
13. Google Digital Cloud Leader
A Cloud Digital Leader is knowledgeable with Google Cloud core products and services, as well as how they assist enterprises. Additionally, the Cloud Digital Leader may highlight common industry use cases and how cloud solutions assist enterprises. The exam consists of 50-60 multiple-choice or multiple-select questions and you have 60 minutes to complete it. The cost of this exam is $99.
- Give you a breakthrough in the google cloud platform for both technical and managerial job roles
- Validate your expertise as a google cloud and tell you how to benefit organizations
14. CompTIA Network+
CompTIA Network+ focuses on the technical abilities needed to establish, maintain, and troubleshoot important networks. The certificate allows you to master business-critical skills. CompTIA Network+ certifies candidates for network support on any platform. The CompTIA Network+ certification is the only one that tackles the specific abilities needed by network professionals. The exam consists of 90 questions, and you will have 90 minutes to complete it. The exam questions will be multiple-choice and performance-based. The exam cost is $358.
- Vendor-neutral certification
- Only IT certification available that tackles both wired and wireless networks
15. CompTIA Security+
The certifications provide the foundational knowledge needed for any cybersecurity profession and act as a stepping stone to intermediate-level cybersecurity positions. Best practices in hands-on troubleshooting are included in Security+, as is ensuring that candidates have fundamental practical security problem-solving abilities. The exam consists of 90 questions, and you will have 90 minutes to complete it. The exam questions will be multiple-choice and performance-based. The certification cost is $392- which may vary in your country.
- Vendor-neutral certification
- Build a strong base of knowledge and skills
- Globally recognized
How to choose the right certification for yourself?
Factors to consider while choosing a certification
Before choosing the certification, consider these factors and then go for it.
Market Value of the Certification
The first step in certification is to determine market demand. Examine all of its perks, job opportunities, salary range, and the skills it will validate.
Matches your Job Role and Career Goals
Always opt for the certification that matches your job role and you find interest in. Attaining certifications that don’t get along with your job and career goals is of no use.
Tips for selecting the right certification
Professional certifications are very helpful in job hunting and boosting your skills. If you’re a beginner or professional, certification will advance your career and you have a better chance of finding a successful career. However, which certification you should go for is quite a concern. Here are some tips that will make you choose the right certification.
Define the purpose of getting certified
Determine why you are attaining professional certification. Candidates may get certification to boost their career and workplace credibility. Set your goal straight.
Research various certifications of your interest
Search about various certifications and providers before jumping to a conclusion. Look at which certification is most popular and also how much it cost. Make sure the certification you’re opting for is best suited for you and your career goals.
Examine the certification's versatility for advancement
Last but not least, consider how versatile the certification you are interested in is. This is especially important if you intend to work (or are already working) in a specialty area, as it might determine how your career grows.
How to Prepare for IT Certification Exam? Tips and Strategies
Whichever certification you may get, it is really important to prepare for the exam thoroughly. We have outlined some tips, strategies, and study resources that will help you prepare thoroughly.
1- Review the exam study guide
The first step anyone does is to review the certification study guide. Read thoroughly about the exam format, requirements, and exam domains.
2- Set a schedule according to your pace
Everyone has a different study pace, so make a schedule according to it. Devote proper study hours and implement the schedule strictly. Always consider nothing is possible without hard work.
3- Enroll in Online Training or Instructor-led
If it is possible then enroll in online training or instructor-led provided by the specific IT certification vendor. This will help you prepare fully for the exam and validate the practical experience.
4- Practice with Exam Dumps
Last but not least, before appearing in any IT certification exam, practice the course and exam domains with dumps. Edurely offers reliable, comprehensive, and latest dumps that will make you prepare for the exam according to the exam format and most precisely.
The Way Forward
Finding the correct professional certification is essential for everyone, from enhancing your job search chances to advancing your career. Moreover, it is also important to choose the right certification that is popular, well-recognized as well as an industry standard in the job market. It does not matter if you’re getting the described IT certification in 2023 or any other year, it will provide benefits throughout. So, get certified from one of the popular IT certifications and enhance your personal and professional growth.
If you want to enroll in some courses, here are a few to choose from in 2023:
- Data Science Certification Program
- AI and ML Certification
- Cyber Security Certification Program
- Cloud Computing Certification Program
- DevOps Certification Program
- Digital Marketing Certification Program
- Full Stack Development Certification Program
The list which we have provided you in this blog is the best certification and most popular one to get in 2023.
- Software development
- Data analysis
- Cloud computing
- Data Engineer
- Software Architect
- Cloud Architect
- Blockchain Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- IoT Architect
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engineer
- Product Manager
The CEPP certification reflects the most advanced level of recognized Python knowledge currently available. Those who finish the OpenEDG Python Institute General Programming certification program in its entirety are granted CEPP status.
CompTIA A+ is one of the easiest certifications to consider. The A+ certification encompasses a wide range of topics, such as hardware, networking, and troubleshooting and validates your skills in it. Moreover, it is a good starting point for a beginner.
The cybersecurity professional organization (ISC)2’s CISSP- Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification is one of the most demanded credentials in the industry.